Effeminate describes a man having characteristics never associated with manliness or men. It is having feminine qualities untypical of a man.
Not only is homosexuality a sin, but being effeminate is sin and forbidden by God. Those churches that have allowed open homosexuals to hold position have allowed rebellion to reign in that church and are now guilty of rebellion themselves. It goes the same for any effeminate allowed to hold position.
I must make this perfectly clear. There is a difference of night and day between hating the sin and hating the sinner. We are to hate the sin, but we are to love the sinner. Hating the sin is to not allow the person living in it to hold position. Loving the sinner is to still show acts of kindness towards them when they are in need. Let’s not forget that God is not only love, but just as much a righteous judge (a consuming fire – Deutoronomy 4:24, 9:3, and Hebrews 12:29). He is also the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8). He does not change His views like we do.
Below is the timeline from creation to our present time. It leaves absolutely no doubt or argument where the Creator and Judge of the universe stands when it comes to not only homosexuality, but also the effeminate and even cross-dressing:
1. This is the written account of the descendants of Adam. When God created human beings, he made them to be like himself. He created them male and female, and he blessed them and called them “human.” (Genesis 5:1, 2 NLT)
2. “If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense.” (Leviticus 20:13 NLT)
3. “A woman must not put on men’s clothing, and a man must not wear women’s clothing. Anyone who does this is detestable in the sight of the L ord your God.” (Deuteronomy 22:5 NLT)
4. But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness. That is why God abandoned them to their shameful desires. Even the women turned against the natural way to have sex and instead indulged in sex with each other. And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved. (Romans 1:18, 26, 27 NLT)
5. Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind (homosexuals & sodomites NKJV), nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. (1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 KJV)
6. For the law was not intended for people who do what is right. It is for people who are lawless and rebellious, who are ungodly and sinful, who consider nothing sacred and defile what is holy, who kill their father or mother or commit other murders. The law is for people who are sexually immoral, or who practice homosexuality, or are slave traders, liars, promise breakers, or who do anything else that contradicts the wholesome teaching that comes from the glorious Good News entrusted to me by our blessed God. (1 Timothy 1:9-11 NLT)
7. So put to death the sinful, earthly things lurking within you. Have nothing to do with sexual immorality, impurity, lust, and evil desires. Don’t be greedy, for a greedy person is an idolater, worshiping the things of this world. Because of these sins, the anger of God is coming. (Colossians 3:5, 6 NLT)
Ravi Zacharias presents a most wonderful perspective of homosexuality and Christianity in the following video: