The most important question you will ever face for eternity is, “Does Jesus really know you?” No other question comes any where near comparison. Notice the question is not “Do you know Jesus?” or “Does Jesus know of you or about you?”. Take special note while reading the following scripture:
• “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)
Notice how they call Him, Lord! Lord!
It’s not according to our way or what we call Him. It’s only according to the Master’s way:
• “Then he who had received the one talent came and said, ‘Lord, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. And I was afraid, and went and hid your talent in the ground. Look, there you have what is yours.’ “But his lord answered and said to him, ‘You wicked and lazy servant, you knew that I reap where I have not sown, and gather where I have not scattered seed. So you ought to have deposited my money with the bankers, and at my coming I would have received back my own with interest. Therefore take the talent from him, and give it to him who has ten talents. ‘For to everyone who has, more will be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who does not have, even what he has will be taken away. And cast the unprofitable servant into the outer darkness. There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’ (Matthew 25:24-30 NKJV)
Also notice how the wicked servant referred to the master as Lord!
Even though Jesus knows the very number of hairs on your head doesn’t mean He knows you and resides in you!
• And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. (Matthew 10:28-30 NKJV)
Do not deceive yourself! You may think of Jesus as your Lord, but does He really know you and reside in you?
• But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it. (Matthew 7:14 NLT)
• Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. (Revelation 3:20, 21 NKJV)
Have you truly handed over the reigns of your life to Jesus? It’s the only way that Jesus will be able to say He knows you! Only you can open the door of your heart to Him!
You may act like a Christian and address Jesus as Lord, but not until you have a heartfelt change will He truly become Lord to you. 50% will not suffice. It’s the same as 0%. It must be100% or nothing:
• If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.” (Romans 10:9-11 NKJV)
• Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. (II Corinthians 5:17 NKJV)
• But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:62 NLT)
The true litmus test is if the Spirit of the living God resides in you:
• But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. (1 John 4:4 NLT)
You may think this is all too blunt, but sometimes Jesus just had to resort to being blunt:
• Jesus said to them, “Our friend Lazarus sleeps, but I go that I may wake him up.” Then His disciples said, “Lord, if he sleeps he will get well.” However, Jesus spoke of his death, but they thought that He was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly, “Lazarus is dead. (John 11:11-14 NKJV)
• Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ (John 3:3, 7 NKJV)
Are you living as the walking dead or are you truly born again with the Spirit of the living God ruling your life?
• “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. (John 3:18-20 NKJV)
Never forget that the worst person to fool in life is yourself. Don’t let that happen to you! Only you know if you tend toward the light or the darkness:
• “Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is! (Matthew 6:22, 23 NLT)
NOTE: This is not about Arminianism versus Calvinism or any other religious doctrine for that matter. This is simply the Word of God rightly divided. I like how Corrie ten Boom would explain Jesus’ gift of salvation to a person. She would tell them it is like being given a free chocolate bar. It’s already been made and paid for. All you need to do is accept it, unwrap it, and enjoy it! Too bad so many just put it in their pocket and never taste it!