Just like what happened to the Kingdom of Israel, America is on the path to destruction because of abandoning the knowledge of the Lord. Both Israel and America were founded for the glory of God:
Now the Lord had said to Abram: “Get out of your country, From your family And from your father’s house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
- Mayflower Compact:
In the name of God, Amen. We whose names are underwritten, the loyal subjects of our dread sovereign Lord, King James, by the grace of God, of Great Britain, France and Ireland king, defender of the faith, etc., having undertaken, for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith, and honor of our king and country, a voyage to plant the first colony in the Northern parts of Virginia, do by these presents solemnly and mutually in the presence of God, and one of another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil body politic, for our better ordering and preservation and furtherance of the ends aforesaid; and by virtue hereof to enact, constitute, and frame such just and equal laws, ordinances, acts, constitutions, and offices, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general good of the colony, unto which we promise all due submission and obedience. In witness whereof we have hereunder subscribed our names at Cape-Cod the 11 of November, in the year of the reign of our sovereign lord, King James, of England, France, and Ireland the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth. Anno Domini 1620.
The Bible is God’s written Word from cover to cover. History itself tells us that it was the source by which this great nation of the United States of America was established. Read what the Bible has to say about the source of true knowledge and wisdom, and what happens when a nation called by God abandons it:
- Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. (Colossians 3:16 NKJV)
- Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Timothy 2:15 KJV)
- All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, (II Timothy 3:16 NKJV)
- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, But fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Proverbs 1:7 NKJV)
- For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. (Hosea 6:6 NKJV)
- Hear the word of the Lord, You children of Israel, For the Lord brings a charge against the inhabitants of the land: “There is no truth or mercy or knowledge of God in the land. My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children. The more they increased, the more they sinned against Me; I will change their glory into shame.” (Hosea 4:1, 6, 7 NKJV)
Today many homes in the United States have a Bible somewhere, mostly gathering dust. Few read it, and fewer still understand its meaning and apply its principles in everyday life. Yet Christ told His followers to live by every word of God (Matthew 4:4). Because of the hardening of our hearts, this is what the Lord predicted:
“Behold, the days are coming,” says the Lord God, “That I will send a famine on the land, Not a famine of bread, Nor a thirst for water, But of hearing the words of the Lord.” (Amos 8:11 NKJV)
Not only have the people of this nation of America abandoned the Lord who formed us and set us apart to be like no other nation on earth for the propagation of the Gospel, the cancer has now spread into the Christian Churches of this land. Instead of Churches changing the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the world is having a dramatic affect on the Churches. We have allowed twisted Pastors to misquote Scripture and not rightly divide it. This has become especially prevalent in the aid for the advancement of homosexuals within the ranks of many Christian Churches. They would never of been able to do this if the Churches would of taught the knowledge of Scripture properly in their Churches. Many people think that when these twisted Ministers misquote Scripture that it is truth because they lack the knowledge to discern otherwise. What makes matters worse is the bent-on-evil liberal news media gives these wolves in sheep’s clothing front stage (Please see Twisted Love of Frank Schaefer). Look what we are warned of:
For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? Now “If the righteous one is scarcely saved, Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?” (I Peter 4:17, 18 NKJV)
America’s future is very dismal. People from all walks of life can sense it. No one knows exactly how the future will unfold, but what we do know is that the Lord will not allow the gates of hell to prevail against His Bride, the Church (Matthew 16:18) and the time of the wrath of the Lamb is very close (Revelation 6:15-17)).
Are you increasing in the knowledge of the Lord as each day passes? Are you rightly dividing and interpreting the Word of God? Are you living by every Word of God? Are you defending the Word of God? Are you spreading the Gospel? Are you ready for whatever the days ahead hold?