After our Lord made creation, He could of just sat back and not got involved. But we have a God that engages. He is a God of yesterday, today and forever. He not only engages, but He is a God of details. Look at the following examples just from His short ministry of when He walked this earth:
1.The wine supply ran out during the festivities, so Jesus’ mother told him, “They have no more wine.”…When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine, not knowing where it had come from…he called the bridegroom over. “A host always serves the best wine first,” he said. “Then, when everyone has had a lot to drink, he brings out the less expensive wine. But you have kept the best until now!” (John 2:3,9-10 NLT)
Jesus not only met the need, He made sure that what He made was the best.
2. For he (Simon Peter) was awestruck by the number of fish they had caught, as were the others with him. His partners, James and John, the sons of Zebedee, were also amazed. Jesus replied to Simon, “Don’t be afraid! From now on you’ll be fishing for people!” And as soon as they landed, they left everything and followed Jesus…leaving the boats and Zebedee behind. (Luke 5:9-11 and Mat 4:22)
Jesus made sure that Zebedee had enough fish to sell so that with the money he could be blessed until he could replace his workers that he just lost.
3. A crowd soon gathered around Jesus, and they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons. He was sitting there fully clothed and perfectly sane, and they were all afraid. (Mark 5:15 NLT)
Jesus made sure that not only the man’s sanity was restored, but his dignity as well.
4. Holding her hand, he said to her…“Little girl, get up!” And the girl, who was twelve years old, immediately stood up and walked around! They were overwhelmed and totally amazed. Jesus gave them strict orders not to tell anyone what had happened, and then he told them to give her something to eat. (Mark 5:41-43 NLT)
Even though Jesus healed this girl, He was concerned that her appetite was also taken care of because of the ordeal she just went through.
5. What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows. (Matthew 10:29-31 NLT)
Absolutely nothing gets past our Lord without Him knowing what is going on. He not only knows every detail, but He also knows every thought.
6. Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? “And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? “So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today. (Matthew 6:26-34 NLT)
Our Lord is very much concerned that the basic needs of His creation are taken care of. Our only small part is to make sure that we put Him first. Leave the details up to Him.
7. When Jesus saw his mother standing there beside the disciple he loved (John), he said to her, “Dear woman, here is your son.” And he said to this disciple, “Here is your mother.” And from then on this disciple took her into his home. Jesus knew that his mission was now finished, and to fulfill Scripture he said, “I am thirsty.” (John 19:26-28 NLT)
Here Jesus, our God and Creator, is dying for the sins of all mankind and He makes sure before He takes His last breath that He also fulfills His duties as the oldest son that His mom is taken care of after He dies. Wow, that really says something of how our God is truly a God of details.