Pilate therefore said to Him, “Are You a king then?” Jesus answered, “You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.” Pilate said to Him, “What is truth?” And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews, and said to them, “I find no fault in Him at all.”
(John 18:37, 38 NKJV)
Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31, 32 NKJV)
This article I am writing about ‘truth’ piggybacks on an article I wrote last week entitled ‘Test All Things’. It was about how we as Christians should always be testing all things to discern what the truth really is so we know what to hold onto, what to correct, and what to discard. Now I would like to look at ‘Truth’ itself. But first I want to describe what drove me to write this article.
I feel violated whenever deception is used to withhold or alter truths that concern or affect me. To omit a portion of the truth, willfully, when one is testifying on the witness stand, whether for the defense or the prosecution, is to bear false witness. History has taught us how we were plunged into the Dark and Middle Ages by a deliberate suppression and altering of the truth of God’s Word.
I have found Google to be a mighty tool when used properly with Holy Spirit discernment. I have access to information that mankind never dreamed of. This technologically advanced society is seeing the downfall of many a man because of emails, texts, voice recordings, photos, and videos once thought destroyed or were once securely under lock and key.
Jesus tells us to be as wise as serpents and as harmless as doves (Matthew 10:16) because when we preach the true gospel we will be as sheep in the midst of wolves. This Scripture is about using wisdom and not a license to distort the truth. Abraham learned this when he was rebuked for not revealing Sarah was his wife along with being his half-sister. Ananias and Sephirra became examples for us in the early church.
Now to why I feel compelled to write this article. I feel violated by a facade that has been erected concerning Billy Graham. I never gave him much thought because I was never affected by him or his ministry. But then it all started two months ago when I listened to an interview with him on prime time TV. Something did not set right within me when I listened to his replies. They were cross-grained to the Bible. The Holy Spirit sent me on a quest to get down to the truth. I always looked up to him because the world looked up to him. But look at the following Scriptures which teach that to be friends with the world is to be at enmity with God:
- “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end will be saved.” (Matthew 10:22 NKJV)
- And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. (Mark 13:13 NKJV)
- “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.” (John 15:18, 19 NKJV)
- Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4 NKJV)
Constantine watered down Christianity back in the 4th century. Billy Graham is a modern day Constantine who has done the same. Only God can judge Billy Graham’s soul, but we as Christians are commanded to judge his fruits according to the Word of God.
I learned that Billy Graham bought the rights to Halley’s Pocket Bible Handbook, a reference book I cherish very much, in the early 1960’s so he can could deliberately take out the entire section on church history that explained the atrocities of the Church of Rome and Popes, and give these inoculated copies out at his crusades. This is only one small example. The more I dug, the more I was appalled at Billy Graham’s fruits of deception.
What I found was that Billy Graham started off well in the 1940’s, but as time went on he veered from the true gospel of Jesus Christ which commands:
- I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. (II Timothy 4:1-4 NKJV)
On interviews, Billy Graham describes himself as mellowing over the years. He is clearly not the same preacher as he was in the 1940’s and 1950’s. He has embraced ecumenicalism and sacrificed the true gospel in the process. He preaches a non-offensive coddling gospel. That’s why presidents, prime ministers, kings, popes, dignitaries, world leaders, religious leaders, and people from all spectrums of life love to have him around. Ask yourself this question, “If our society is trying to wipe out our devout Christian heritage, why would they honor a man who represents the gospel unless that man represents an apostate gospel?” Look what Scripture says:
- But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. (Galatians 1:8, 9 NKJV)
What I find amazing is that generals of the Christian faith from the past brought conviction with them when they walked into the presence of others. There are many testimonies of people being convicted by the Holy Spirit in their presence. Some people literally ran from their presence because they could not stand the conviction of their sinful life. But Billy Graham very clearly soothed both common people and dignitaries despite their sinful lives.
- “Woe to you when all men speak well of you, For so did their fathers to the false prophets.” (Luke 6:26 NKJV)
When I first studied Scripture, the following verses puzzled me how this could be. But as I tested all things and searched for the truth, I saw how this can be:
- “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ (Matthew 7:21-23 NKJV)
Many Pastors do not want to speak the truth concerning an American icon like Billy Graham because they believe it will affect their ministries. They like things just the way they are. Dietrich Bonhoeffer (Author of The Cost of Discipleship) was a German theologian famous for his stand against Adolf Hitler and the Nazi party. He believed that if his fellow ministers would join together with him that together they could bring down the Nazi regime, but these ministers were more concerned to remain silent and save their own necks. Dietrich’s beliefs and convictions ultimately cost him his life in a Nazi concentration camp. Ask yourself, “How many millions of lives could of been saved if these ministers would of spoken out and swayed the masses under their spiritual authority?”
In summary, because of Billy Graham we have a society filled with people who made a one time verbal commitment to accept Jesus as Savior, but never truly made Jesus the Lord over their life as the true gospel really preaches. Anyone who thinks what I have written in this article is not truth, just needs to verify on YouTube or Google and line it up with the rightly divided Word of God. Even though what I have written is truth, there will be those who think it is wrong to speak out even if it is truth because the preaching of a non-confrontational gospel is held in high esteem by our politically correct society and has permeated our Christian ranks. But read what Paul and John say:
- Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; I saw that they were not straightforward about the truth of the gospel. (Galatians 2:11, 14 NKJV)
- For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (III John 1:3, 4 NKJV)
To conclude, I have attached a PDF of the manuscript that exposes Billy Graham where he denies that the true gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way. I have also attached the hyperlink to a video where you can view it for yourself:
Be aware that to not preach the full truth of the gospel is to preach a lie. I have also attached the hyperlink to a video where you can view Billy Graham compromising the true gospel of Jesus Christ:
There is to be no compromising like Billy Graham has done. It is a shame because he started off right on tract but he failed to finish the race well:
But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified. (1 Corinthians 9:27 NKJV)
The videos above reveal the true heart of Billy Graham in his own words. But the Word of God is clear of what is involved for ANYONE to be saved ANYWHERE on the face of the earth:
If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!” So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:9-10, 14-15, 17 NKJV)