“Sound the trumpet! The enemy descends like an eagle on the people of the Lord , for they have broken My covenant and revolted against My law. They have sown the wind and will reap the whirlwind.” (Hosea 8:1, 7a)
I do not need to tell you that we are a morally bankrupt society and we are now reaping what we have sown for decades. Let’s just review what has transpired since I was born:
1. We have stifled public prayer.
2. We have tightly locked-up the Bible from being used and heard in everyday life.
3. We are now an evolved species that thinks we do not have to answer to a Creator for our actions.
4. We are free to do whatever we want to with our sexual desires because we are nothing more than a higher form of animal life.
5. We abort babies as a form of birth control. We are now setting our sights on the aged and weak of our society. It is a ‘survival of the fittest’ type of mentality, but we call all of it ‘choice’.
6. Society silences anyone who speaks out on ‘sin’ and does not want to hear the ‘truth’. Sin and the Lord God are stricken from our vocabulary. Any hint of judgment is met with outright scorn.
7. Money, greed, and pleasure have become our new gods that we worship. We fail to discipline our children on fear that we might stunt their growth, so we spoil them so as not to hamper their outlook on life.
We can only speculate on the specifics and exact time lines of the days ahead. But the Lord did give us a detailed map (the Bible) and GPS system (the Holy Spirit) to guide us safely to Him. So when we see the whirlwind churning, we can rest assured that we will always have safety in Him.
But as to when exactly the rapture will take place and the tribulation period begins, only the Lord knows that precise second. None of us even knows exactly what will transpire in the days leading up to it. But He was gracious enough to leave us with these words:
“So when all these things begin to happen, stand and look up, for your salvation is near!” Then he gave them this illustration: “Notice the fig tree, or any other tree. When the leaves come out, you know without being told that summer is near. In the same way, when you see all these things taking place, you can know that the Kingdom of God is near. I tell you the truth, this generation will not pass from the scene until all these things have taken place. (Luke 21:28-32 NLT)